How do I get picture and sound on the TV when I connect my Laptop or Notebook with a HDMI connection?
When you switch on the Laptop/Notebook with the TV attached and switched on, the video image may appear on either the Laptop/Notebook display or the TV screen for the below connections.
- HDMI to HDMI
Connect the HDMI connection of the laptop/notebook with a HDMI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV.
- DVI to HDMI, with an added audio connection.
Connect the DVI connection of the Laptop/Notebook with a DVI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV. Alternatively, use a DVI-DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adaptor. Connect the audio cable from the 'AUDIO OUT' connection of the Laptop/Notebook to the 'AUDIO IN' connection of the TV.
Note: Make sure the PC graphics card has the latest drivers and the TV has the latest software installed.
Follow these steps to connect the devices:
- Switch the Laptop/Notebook and the TV off.
- Connect the Laptop/Notebook choosing one of the above connections.
- Switch the TV on.
- Select the HDMI connection on the TV where the Laptop/Notebook is connected.
- Switch the Laptop/Notebook on.
- Depending on the graphics card, Laptop/Notebook operating system and configuration, the TV shows the Laptop/Notebook screen.
- For some cases, you need to toggle the Laptop/Notebook to display the video image onto the TV screen.
Note: Please refer to your Laptop/Notebook manual to determine which keys are used for the transfer function.
- Example of the common function keys use by Laptop/Notebook manufacturers such as 'Fn'+'F8' keys.
- Hold down the 'Fn' key, and toggle the ‘F8’ key (or key determined by the manufacturer) once or two times.
- This will switch the video image to the Laptop/Notebook display only, the TV only, or the Laptop/Notebook display and the TV simultaneously.