What should I do when my TV turns on and off by itself and/or does not respond to the remote control?
Update your TV with the standby software version 188.8.131.52, which is attached on this FAQ page.
WARNING: Do not switch off the TV or remove the USB flash drive during the software upgrade.
Follow below procedures on how to update your TV software.
Before you start
Ensure that you have the following:
- A USB flash drive with at least 100MB of free space.
Note: Do not use a USB hard drive for this software update.
- A file compression application (the latest version of WinZip® is recommended)
Step 1: Download the software update
Note: This procedure assumes that you use a Microsoft® Windows® PC with the latest version of WinZip installed.
- Insert the empty USB flash drive into a USB connector on your PC.
- On your PC, create a folder named ‘upgrades’ in the root directory of the USB flash drive.
- On the FAQ page, click the ‘StandbySW_Q554E_184.108.40.206.zip’ attachment.
- Using the archive utility, extract the UPG-file from the ‘*.zip’ file to the ’upgrades’ folder on the USB flash drive.
- Safely remove the USB flash drive from the PC before you disconnect the USB flash drive from the PC.
Step 2 - Update the software on your TV
- Remove all USB devices (such as Wi-Fi adaptor) from the TV, then switch on the TV.
- Connect the USB flash drive to a USB connector on the TV.
- Press the button, then select [Setup] > [Software settings] > [Local updates].
- Select [StandbyFactory_Q554E_220.127.116.11.upg], then press OK.
- A prompt appears, select [Continue], then press OK.
- The software upgrade starts automatically.
- The upgrade is complete when a notification message appears on screen.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the TV.
- You need to disconnect the power cable from the power outlet. Wait one minute then reconnect it. After that you can start your TV in the usual way.