What do I do when my TV display the message “Philips server not found” or does not respond to the cursor keys in the Net TV/Smart TV “Term of use” page?
First install your TV with software version “Q5551_0.140.34.0” regardless of the software version on your TV. Then upgrade your TV software again to the latest version “Q5551_0.140.47” or later.
BEFORE YOU START
Before installing the TV software, ensure you have the following:
- An empty USB flash drive with at least 256MB of free space. The USB flash drive must be FAT or MSDOS formatted, and have its write protection disabled – do not use a USB hard drive for the software upgrade.
- A file archiver computer program that supports the ‘ZIP’ file format (for example, WinZip® for Microsoft® Windows® or StuffIt® for Macintosh®).
INSTALL THE TV WITH SOFTWARE VERSION “Q5551_0.140.34.0”.
STEP 1: Download the software
Note: This procedure assumes that you use a Microsoft® Windows® PC with the latest version of WinZip installed.
- Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- On your computer, create a folder named ‘upgrades’ in the root directory of the USB flash drive.
- On the FAQ page, click the ‘FUS_Q5551_0.140.34.0.zip’ attachment.
- Using a file archiver, extract the ‘autorun.upg’ file from the ‘*.zip’ file into the ’upgrades’ folder on the USB flash drive.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to your USB flash drive and check that the USB flash drive contains a ‘upgrades’ folder with the ‘autorun.upg’ file.
- If this file is available, proceed to next step. If the file is unavailable, repeat this procedure or contact Philips Support in your country.
STEP 2: Install the TV software
- Switch “on” the TV set.
- Insert the updated USB flash drive containing the ‘autorun.upg’ into the USB connector on the TV.
- Press on the remote control.
- Select [Setup] > [Software settings] > [Local updates], and then press OK.
>> The updates screen appears.
- Select the ‘autorun.upg’ file and press OK.
>> A window appears.
- Select [Continue] and press OK.
- The software upgrade starts automatically. The upgrade is complete when a notification message appears on screen.
- Before restarting the TV, disconnect the USB flash drive from the TV.
- Press on the remote control — do not press more than once.
- The TV switches off, then back on again. The upgrade is complete.
- To prevent accidental updates to the TV software, reconnect the USB flash drive to your computer and delete autorun.upg.
STEP 3: Verify the software version of your TV
- Press on the remote control.
- Select [Setup] > [Software settings] > [Current software info], and then press OK.
- Check that the software version is “Q5551_0.140.34.0”.
- If software version is “Q5551_0.140.34.0” proceed to next step. If the software version is not “Q5551_0.140.34.0”, repeat the procedure in STEP 2 or contact Philips Support in your country.
UPGRADE THE TV SOFTWARE TO VERSION “Q5551_0.140.47.0” OR LATER.
- When you have successfully installed the software version "Q5551_0.140.34.0", you can now proceed to upgrade your TV software again to version “Q5551_0.140.47.0” or later.
- To download the latest software for your TV or read the Firmware installation instructions, click the link under the 'Attachments' section on the FAQ page.