What can I do when my TV does not respond to the remote control?
There are few possibilities why the remote control will not operate the TV. Follow these instructions to determine the cause.
If your remote control does not work during the initial TV installation.
- Hold the Remote control close to the Philips logo (about 10cm) and press the Red and Blue key at the same time. Once the pairing is successful, you can start with the initial TV installation.
If you experience this phenomenon while the TV is starting up.
- When you turn on the TV either from the power switch or from standby mode, there is no picture or front indicator for about 10-15 seconds. Only a Philips startup screen appears for a short period. This time is required for the TV to load the software necessary for its operation.
- During this period, the TV will not respond to the remote control or any key on the side of the TV.
- You have to wait until the picture appears on the screen before all keys can be used.
If the remote control stop working after extended use.
If the remote receiver (LED) on the TV does not blink when you press the buttons on the remote control;
Follow these steps to check if the remote control is working:
- The TV will prompt you when the battery power of the remote control is low. Replace the batteries.
- Ensure that the batteries of the remote control is inserted according to the illustration inside the battery compartment.
- Remove and reinsert the batteries into the remote control to ensure a good contact.
- After replacing the batteries, randomly test some functions of the remote control.
If the TV is still not responding:
- Please contact the Philips Consumer Care centre for further assistance or to find more information related to this issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
- Make sure you have the model number and the serial number at hand when you call us. You find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back of your TV.