The clock on my docking speaker does not display properly/ shows a wrong time. What can I do?
The clock time of your docking speaker is synchronized from the docked iPod or iPhone.
- The time on your iPod/ iPhone is correct. If not, you may need to manually adjust the clock time on your iPod/iPhone;
- Your phone is properly docked onto the docking speaker and is properly detected by the docking speaker. When it is detected, your iPod/ iPhone will be charged.
If your iPod/ iPhone cannot be recognized by the docking speaker, try the following:
- Reconnect the power of the docking speaker.
- Unplug the power cord of the docking speaker and connect that again. (If the speaker is powered by dry batteries, remove the batteries and connect the speaker to a power supply.)
- Check whether a bumper or case is used. Remove the bumper or casing and try again.
- Reset the Apple device. Below are the steps (Refer to the user manual of your Apple device for details):
|iPhone/ iPod Touch/ iPod Nano (7th generation)
||Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. The Apple logo should appear after a few seconds, then the Home screen should appear.
|iPod Nano (6th generation)
||Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button simultaneously for at least eight seconds or until the Apple logo appears. You may need to repeat this step.
iPod with a Click/Scroll Wheel
- iPod nano (5th generation)
- iPod nano (4th generation)
- iPod nano (3rd generation)
- iPod nano (2nd generation)
- iPod nano
- iPod classic
- iPod (5th generation)
- iPod with color display (iPod photo)
- iPod (Click Wheel)
- iPod mini
- iPod mini (2nd generation)
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
-Resetting the Apple device would not delete the stored files.
-Not all of the above Apple devices are compatible to your docking speaker. Refer to the product leaflet under ‘Overview’ for the compatible Apple devices.
* Model shown in image for reference only.
- If feasible, check on another Apple device or docking speaker.
- If another Apple device can be charged on your docking speaker, it can be that the charging slot of your Apple device is loosen.
- If your Apple device works on another docking speaker, it can be that your docking speaker is defective. Please click Philips Support Page to contact your local support center for help.
In case the time cannot be displayed even the time on your Apple device is correct and your Apple device can be charged on the docking speaker, click Philips Support Page to contact your local support centre for help.