How do I connect the monitor to my mobile device (for example, smartphone)?
Before you begin:
- Make sure your smartphone/tablet is connected to an operating 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, but not a 3G or EDGE network.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi network password are consisted of numbers 0 to 9 and/or alphabets A to Z (or a to z) only; and do not contain any space or special characters such as % # * /. (You may need to consult the user manual of the router to configure this.)
- Have your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi network password ready for fill in during set-up.
- Place the monitor where it receives strong Wi-Fi signals.
- Avoid firewalled Wi-Fi networks (typically found in the office, hotels or airports).
- High-speed (upload speed of 800kbps or above) Wi-Fi network connection for the monitor.
To set up:
- Launch In.Sight App.
If you have not installed this App, search for ‘Philips In.Sight’ in Apple App store / GooglePlay store and download it.
- If you do not have an In.Sight account, create one.
- Connect the monitor to power supply.
When power is connected, the LED on the monitor will be on in amber color. This means the monitor is starting up.
- Wait until the LED flashes in amber. This would take a few minutes.
- Tap on to add monitor. If your account is newly created, click on ‘Setup a new monitor’.
- Follow the on-screen App instructions for setup:
- Tap “Next” in step 1 when monitor flashes in amber.
- Enter password of the Wi-Fi network to connect to your monitor. Then tap “Next” in step 2.
- Place the QR code shown in the app just in front of the monitor lens. Pull the image of QR code slowly from the front of the monitor lens to a distance of 15-30cm (6-12 inch). When the LED of the monitor flashes in green, tap “Next”.
- The monitor will be set up to join the Wi-Fi network that the smartphone or tablet is using. This will take up to a few minutes. After the monitor is connected, name your monitor.
Note: Only use numbers 0 to 9 and/or alphabets A to Z (or a to z) for the name of a monitor.
- The monitor registration will be completed in a couple of minutes.
- Philips InSight supports general WEP, WPA and WPA2. Philips recommends using WPA or WPA2 as these are safest Wi-Fi security settings.
- The Philips InSight does not support WEP Sub Key 2, 3 , 4. You may need to change your router settings to WPA or WPA2. Consult the user manual of the router if necessary.
If all of the above have been done and you still fail to set up your monitor, e.g. the monitor does not flash in amber or in green, please contact our consumer care (Contact Page) for further assistance.