What issues are solved by a software upgrade?
How to check the current software version on my TV set?
- Press 'MENU' button on remote control to access the main menu.
- Select TV MENU and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO to display the current software version of your TV set.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version mentioned in the software history means your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
Where can I find the latest software for my TV set?
- You can find the latest TV Firmware Upgrade Software and Readme File documents on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
The latest software solves the issues below:
- Add the option in the TV menu to switch off the automatic channel updates feature during standby.
- TV keeps rebooting itself when watching TV channel. (Only applicable to country, UK)
- Audio loss when changing channel on external set-top box through HDMI connection.
- To include the 8-Day Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for country, Spain.
- Audio drop-out and/or noise heard when connected to certain Home Theater System through SPDIF connection.
- “MPEG artifact Reduction” mode is reset to OFF mode in AV mode.
- Not able to tune to analogue channel(s) with frequency above 800MHz.
- Cannot view pay channels/services with maturity rating from service provider LA7.
- Missing digital channels after channel installation and/or loosing signal after the TV changes the channel. (Only applicable to country, Spain)
- TV does not respond to the remote control or the local control buttons after the TV wake-up from standby on the next day. (Applicable for countries with only analogue transmission.)
- No audio from the TV when the Humax Set-Top-Box is connected through the HDMI connection.
- Half teletext page was displayed occasionally.
- Previously stored digital channels were deleted after TV performs installation update.
- Analogue channels are noisy when the TV changes the channel from Digital to Analogue.
- Increase the audio bass preset level.
- In Norway, when the TV performs channel installation in antenna mode, the Swedish channels are arranged before the Norway channels, which are shown in the channel list.
- The TV cannot change the maturity rating for channels/services from “YouSee” Denmark.
- OPTION key to enlarge teletext page has been replaced with the picture format key.
- No scheduled TV programmes displayed on the EPG (Electronic Program Guide).
- Only one channel is stored when performing manual channel installation in cable.
- The audio does not change when the audio language is changed from English to French for a digital channel.
- “No Program Available” displayed on the screen when viewing pay channels/services.
- Garbage characters seen on the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) screen.
- TV restarts while navigating through song list in the content browser.
- TV restarts when switching between pay channels/services.
- Solved channels not viewable from Canal+ decoder in France for customers who are previously on software version 64.40.0.
- To resolve DVBT channels on Bitche cable in France not being able to be stored.
- To resolve Russian OSD overlapping for the text “HDMI side” in the source menu string when language is selected as Russian.
- To support filenames in Russian characters in the USB Content Browser screens.
- To resolve missing channels in Brandenburg, Germany.
- To resolve Light Guide LED blinking when TV wakes up from standby with Ambilight feature turned on.
- To resolve video loss but audio is heard when toggling smart settings repeatedly.
- To resolve Sleep Timer not working after initial installation.
- To resolve issue of TV restarting when user presses remote control DOWN key repeatedly in Reset Smart setting” menu.
- To resolve one-touch play feature not working between other HDMI CEC compliant devices.
- To resolve the TV remote receiver (LED) blinking when the remote control buttons are pressed when the TV is turned off.
- To resolve brightness fluctuation when the menu is displayed on the screen.
- Resolved Light Strip’s light intensity operation. (for Ambilight models only)