Why is the coffee that comes out of the machine not hot enough?
If the coffee is not hot enough, please try the following:
- Check that the water heater is working properly: draw off some water from the steam/hot water wand. If the water comes out hot, the water heater functions correctly. If the water is cold, take the machine to an authorized service center to have it examined.
- Check the temperature of the cups. Cold ceramic cups will very quickly lower the temperature of the espresso. Before making an espresso, warm cups up with some hot water and/or steam (dispensing from hot water/steam wand).
- If only the first coffee is not hot enough,
- remember to always let the rinsing cycle complete when the machine is starting up. It doesn't only rinse the machine but also preheats the circuits, so the first coffee dispensed is warmer.
- You can heat up the water circuit and brewing group even further by dispensing one pre-ground coffee without inserting the coffee powder (by dispensing only hot water from coffee dispenser). Only do the first espresso after that.
If the above solutions do not solve your issue, please contact our Consumer Care Help Line. See contact details at www.philips.com/support.