How should I descale the sterilizer?
You should descale the sterilizer as follows:
- Pour 80ml/2.7oz of white vinegar (5% acetic acid) and 20ml/0.7oz of water
into the water reservoir.
- Common descaling substances for coffeemakers and electric water kettles can also be used to descale the appliance.
- Leave the solution in the water reservoir until the scale has dissolved.
- Empty the water reservoir, thoroughly rinse it and wipe the base with a moist cloth.
- Use a moist cloth to avoid accidentally scratching the base.
- When you use the sterilizer, spots may appear on the heating element in the base. This is scale that is building up.
- The harder the water, the faster scale builds up.
- Therefore, descaling is recommended more often in areas with hard water.
- If there is a lot of scale on the heating plate, you can use citric acid to remove the scale.
Note: Descale the sterilizer to ensure that it continues to work effectively.