No picture appears on the screen when I connect my PS3 game console to the TV.
You may have set the PS3 game console to the incorrect video type.
- Ensure that the PS3 game console is set to output a signal that corresponds to the type of connection that you made (e.g. HDMI or CVBS video).
- If a certain type of connection is presenting difficulties, first reset the PS3 game console to the default CVBS video mode and then connect it to the CVBS video connection to get a picture on the TV. Once the menu of the PS3 appears on screen, you can access the video settings in order to change the type of output signal.
Note: Please refer to the user manual of your PS3 game console to determine how to reset the video mode.
- If you select HDMI as the video type, ensure that the PS3 game console is set to a video resolution that is supported by the TV.
If you have selected the correct video resolution and a [Video not supported] message appears on the TV screen;
- Unplug the PS3 game console and the TV from the mains in order to reset both devices.
- Reset the PS3 game console to the default video mode and reselect the correct video type.