What do I need to look to multimediafiles on my TV via my home network ?
To set up your TV in a home PC network you need:
- a PC in a home network running recent media server software. (Windows media player (from version 11 onwards, Tversity or similar) this can be on any operating system ( Microsoft Windows XP or Vista,Intel Mac OSX, Linux, or simular )
- connection between your home network and your TV.
Additional info to set up a PC network with a router:
- On the TV no special settings are necessary to connect automatically to the network.
- Connect the network cable (if needed ) from your router to the network connector entry of the TV.
- Switch On the router . Set the router to DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol ) On.
- Switch on the PC and start the media server software.
- Some media server software needs a setting to share your files with the TV. In the media server this TV will present itself as a number-a MAC or IP number. Have the TV and router switched on for this number to appear in the media server. Select the TV number in the media server and set the server to share files with this number.
- A firewall,a security system on your PC could also block the network connection. Allow the media server software to go to the network.
- Press the Home key on the remote control,select Browse PC and press OK. It could take some time for the TV to connect.
- Use the colour and navigation to browse your folders or play your files.
- If the TV cannot connect to the network,study the server software,router or PC manuals.