How do I descale my Gaggia coffee machine?
Watch our short tutorial video or follow the instructions below.
Step-by-Step instructions for descaling your Gaggia coffee machine:
- Remove the shower plate and clean under a tap to remove oils & grinds
- Reattach the shower plate after cleaning
- Fill the tank with water
- Purge a couple of cups worth of water using the steam arm
- Add the descaling solution into the tank, ensure you have read the packaging carefully before use
- Purge another couple of cups worth of water using the steam arm
- Leave the machine for 15-20 minutes to allow the descaling solution to work
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until the tank is completely drained
- Wash the tank thoroughly to ensure no descaling fluid remains & refill with fresh, clean water
- Flush water through the machine until the tank is drained to wash away and descaling fluid within the machine
- Before making your first cup of coffee flush a cup of water through the group and discard
Tip: It is also worth discarding the next couple of cups of coffee you make to ensure 100% great coffee