How much food can I prepare in the airfryer?
The airfryer basket can be filled up to the ‘max’ indication in the basket. The max. amount of ingredients that can be prepared depends on the kind of food you want to prepare.
- If you prepare potatoes or fries, the basket can hold up to 800 grams of homemade French fries or 700 grams of frozen fries — enough for a family of four. If a large amount of food is placed in the basket, the end result may not be even. The optimal amount of French fries that can be prepared in one go is 500 grams for both homemade and frozen fries. When preparing large amounts of fries, make sure you shake the basket halfway through the airfrying process.
- You can hot air fry up to 500 grams of small snacks at the same time. Make sure you shake halfway through the process.
- If you want to hot air fry large snacks, meat, or poultry, spread one layer of snacks over the bottom of the basket. Make sure that the bottom of the basket is not completely covered so that hot air can still circulate around the ingredients.
- When you prepare stuffed vegetables, filled dough snacks, or other delicate food, put one layer on the bottom of the basket. Make sure you leave enough room between the ingredients so that you can lift them out with a pair of tongs.
- If you want to bake cakes, quiches, muffins, or breads, use an oven tray with a diameter of 16 cm. Do not fill oven trays or baking pans more than halfway, as the dough will rise during hot air frying. If you put too much dough in the tray or baking pan, the rising dough may touch the heating element and the top may get burned.