How do I upgrade my GoGear with the latest firmware?
Check your firmware version by selecting SETTINGS from the root menu of your GoGear micro jukebox and then use the touch pad to select Information-> to display “FW ver”. If your firmware version is version 2.1 or earlier you may want to update your GoGear's Device manager that house the latest FW version 2.4 posted on the support site at http://www.philips.com/support. If your FW version is 2.4 then there is NO need to update the firmware. However, if you do not have the latest version follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: Please note that since this is a special release, updating the device with this firmware version will result in the loss of all content (music , photos, data files) currently on your device. It is advised to first back up all the content from the device to your PC before carrying out the update.
- Download the attached zip file into a temp folder of your PC
- Unzip the file into the temp folder and then double click the DM_WEB_ENG.exe file to install the latest version of the Device Manager on your PC
- Follow screen instructions to complete the installation of the latest version of the Device Manager application on your PC. (Version 5.3 (022) for HDD1420, HDD1620, HDD1630 & HDD1635) (Version 5.2 (022) for HDD6320 & HDD6330)
- Connect the GoGear to the power supply with the AC/DC adapter.
- Make sure all other applications such as Philips Device Plug-in, Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer that accessing the device are closed or else Device Manager will not recognize the device. Launch the Device Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Device Manager->Philips Device Manager on your PC.
- Select the REPAIR tab on the dialogue box and then click Repair to start repairing.
IMPORTANT: All music & content of the device will be erased once the GoGear is repaired.
- Once the repair is complete a dialogue box will pop up; click OK and unplug the GoGear from the computer. Follow all screen instructions to complete the repair.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Close all opened application and then unplug your device.
Once the GoGear is disconnected from the computer, the display will show “Firmware Upgrading” for a couple of seconds and then start up as usual. You will then need to re-sync the GoGear using Windows Media Player to place your files back on the GoGear.