How to install applications from sources other than the Android Market?
Firstly, change the application settings of the device to allow installation of non-Market application (Part A below).
Then transfer the applications from the PC to the device (Part B below) and start installation (Part C below).
Part A: Change the application settings of the device.
- Press the Options button.
- On the Options menu, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Applications.
- Make sure “Unknown sources” is selected.
Part B: Transfer applications from PC to the device.
- Connect the device to the PC through an USB cable.
- Switch on the device.
- On the device, switch to USB storage mode by tapping Turn on USB storage on the pop up screen.
- On the PC, locate the applications you want to transfer.
- From the PC, drag and drop the files / folders to the device.
Part C: Install applications on the device.
- On the Home screen of the device, tap .
- Tap on the application you have just transferred and follow the onscreen instructions to start installation.