What is TwonkyMedia™ and how do I install it?
Benefits of TwonkyMedia™ Browser:
This software version (version 220.127.116.11) works on Windows XP or Vista. With Media Browser, you can stream your MP3, WMA, DRM-Free iTunes*, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis music and JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG pictures from your PC to your Network Music Player.
In addition, Media Browser can also help you to manage your music and picture files, you can edit your metadata and search your media files easily. It can also be used as a remote control: you can control and stream music to your Network Music Player wirelessly from your PC when they are in the same home network.
Software Version Verification Procedure:
A license key is needed, please make sure you have it with you before you start the software installation. That key can be found on the CD-ROM cover that comes with your NP2500 / NP2900 package.
- Download the software to your PC which is named PhilipsMediaBrowserSetup.exe.
- Before you install Media Browser, please uninstall your previous version of TwonkyMedia™ Server first, if you already had one installed.
- Go to Start / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs and highlight TwonkyMedia™ Server. Click the Remove button and wait for uninstall to finish.
- Double click the PhilipsMediaBrowserSetup.exe file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up windows to perform the installation.
- Choose the language of your preference.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement.
- Choose either to Preserve settings from previous install or Perform a clean installation. Perform a clean installation is recommended.
- Fill in the license key.
- For server name, please enter a name for your PC (UPnP server) that will appear on your home network.
- Select “Express Install” to let Media Browser to apply default settings. Or you can select “Custom Install” to enter more directories of your music and pictures files and other configuration settings as well.
- To start Media Browser, click Start / All Programs / TwonkyMedia / Media Browser.
- Click the icon on Media Browser to alter any settings
- Click the icon on Media Browser for a Help menu.
Note: After installation, you may want to add more folders of your music and photo files if you did not do this during installation. To add your folder:
- Go to the Settings menu (), select Server Settings and press the Browse button in the Content Paths section. Navigate to the folder your media is stored.
- Once you've set the correct path (folder), press the OK button to confirm.
- Restart Server.
* iTunes is trademark of Apple Inc, registered in US and other countries.