How do I program my TV channels?
You only need to search for channels if you are using an antenna connection without a cable or satellite box.
Before you perform the installation procedure, be sure that you have connected the incoming cable or antenna cable to the 'ANTENNA' input at the rear bottom of the TV.
TV's rear bottom connectors
Follow the instructions below to program the TV:
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select SEARCH FOR CHANNELS and press the ‘OK’ button to access the automatic installation screen.
- If the Child lock is activated, the screen will prompt you to enter your access code. If you have forgotten your access code, refer to the FAQ (I have forgotten my 4-digit access code. How can I reset it?).
- Select UPDATE CHANNELS or REINSTALL CHANNELS and press the 'OK' button.
- When UPDATE CHANNELS is selected, the TV will update your current channel list.
- When REINSTALL CHANNELS is selected, the TV will search and store all channels again. (NOTE: You will lose your preference channel order after channel search. You will need to reorder the channels again.)
- Press the cursor up or down to select the country where you are located and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select Antenna or Cable in the Installation mode depending on the type of antenna connection used and press the 'OK' button.
- When ANTENNA is selected, the TV will detect antenna signals and will search for antenna TV channels available in your local area. (NOTE: When you use cable TV and select ANTENNA, the TV will only store analogue cable channels.)
- When CABLE is selected, the TV will detect cable company supplied signals and will search for cable TV channels available in your area.
- Select START and press the 'OK' button to start auto programming.
NOTE: Depending on the country that you have selected, your TV may prompt you to enter your provider’s network frequency when you select CABLE installation.
- The menu screen disappears and the progress of auto programming is displayed. The progress bar indicates the number of analogue and digital channels found.
- Once the installation is completed, press the 'OK' button and the TV will automatically exit the menu.
If your TV does not find the channels after the channel search;
- Make sure that your TV has the latest software installed.
- Check the incoming cable or antenna signal connection to make sure that it is properly secured to the TV's antenna input.
- Connect the antenna directly to the TV. Do not use an antenna cable splitter or loop through your external device such as set-top box or DVD recorder.
- Different service providers use their own channel lists in which contains a predefined channel order (arrangement) and the frequency where the TV can find the channels.
- Most service providers broadcast free digital, encrypted digital and analogue channels.
- If you perform REINSTALL CHANNELS, your TV will reorder the channels according to the channel order predefined by the service provider. After the channel search, you can rearrange the channels to suit your preference in the channel grid with the REORDER feature in the options menu.
- If you perform UPDATE CHANNELS, your TV will check for updates and readjust the stored channels. Your channel list will not be influenced and new channels will be added to the end of your channel list.