How can I connect a game console to my TV?
The best connection for a game console is the high definition connection. In order to be able to use this connection the game console must have one of the following connections:
- Most game consoles have a special AV out connection with several of the following possibilities:
NOTE: Make sure that you have selected a video format that is supported by both devices.
- HDMI OUT (digital connection). Use an HDMI to HDMI cable.
- DVI OUT (digital or analogue connection). Use an HDMI to DVI cable or an HDMI to HDMI cable with a HDMI to DVI adaptor (not supplied).
- VGA OUT (analogue connection). Use a YPbPr-VGA adaptor (not supplied).
- YPbPr OUT (or COMPONENT or YUV OUT). Use an YPbPr cable.
Connect (one of) the audio OUT connections of the game console as well.
- If the game console does not have one of the connections mentioned above, connect the console as described below. In order to be able to use this connection the game console must have one of the following connections:
- Scart OUT.
- S-video OUT. Use a S-video cable to connect to S-VIDEO. Connect the audio separately to the audio red and white cinch or to an audio system.
- CVBS OUT (yellow for video, red and white cinch for audio). Use a CVBS cable to connect to the VIDEO and the audio separately to the audio red and white cinch or to an audio system.
After having made the connection, you may have to set the video and the audio output in the menu of the game console.