Why doesn't the shaver work when I press the on/off button?
If you have already tried recharging your shaver, you could try the following:
- This shaver is designed to be used with emulsion, foam, or gel, or in the shower. For safety reasons, this shaver does not work when it is connected to a power outlet because electricity and water are a hazardous combination. The only thing the shaver does when it is connected to a power outlet is charge the integrated battery. It charges through an adapter that converts the voltage from the outlet to a safe low voltage. Nevertheless, we urge you to keep the shaver and the adapter away from water during charging. The adapter is not waterproof.
- Some shavers have a 'travel lock' function. This travel lock may be activated. Press the on/off button for 3–5 seconds to deactivate the travel lock.
- The shaving unit may be soiled or damaged to such an extent that the motor cannot run. Clean the shaving unit thoroughly or replace it.
- The display of some shavers shows the exclamation mark, the replacement reminder, and the cleaning reminder at the same time when the shaving heads are jammed. If this happens, clean the shaving unit thoroughly or replace it. (Specific models only)
- You may not have reassembled the shaving unit properly after extra-thorough cleaning.
If the appliance still does not work, take it to your local Philips dealer or contact our Philips Consumer Care Center.