What should I do if my appliance produces an uneven cutting result?
We advise you to take (one of) the following actions if the appliance produces an uneven cutting result:
- Keep the flat part of the comb (the contact area) fully in contact with the skin at all times.
- If the appliance is pressed too firmly onto the skin when the appliance is moved through the hair, the resulting hair length may not correspond with the indicated hair length.
- If the comb does not touch the skin when the appliance is moved through the hair, the trimmer will not produce an optimal cutting result.
- Always move the trimmer against the direction of hair growth.
- Since hair does not all grow in the same direction, you need to move the appliance in different directions (upward, downward and across)
- Make sure the comb is adjusted correctly
- If you press the appliance against the skin too hard, you may accidentally adjust the setting
- To make sure you have assembled the attachment correctly, detach and re-attach it.
- Make sure the appliance has been cleaned in accordance with the user manual
- Accumulated hair or dirt may reduce the performance of your appliance.
- Make sure the battery contains sufficient energy or that the adapter is connected to the household power properly
If your appliance still produces an uneven cutting result, take it to your local Philips dealer or call the Consumer Care Center.