I have neither picture nor sound after connecting. What should I do?
If you are using a direct cable connection from the wall outlet;
- Check the incoming cable or antenna signal connection to ensure that it is properly secured to the TV's antenna input.
- If the connection is good, perform the Autoprogram and ensure that the Installation mode (Antenna or Cable) is selected correctly.
If you are using a coaxial connection from the Cable or Satellite box to the TV;
- Set the TV to the channel specified by the service provider.
- Store the channel by selecting Channels or Setup and selecting Add Channels.
- Change the channels at the Cable or Satellite box to view the program.
If you are using a video connection (CVBS, S-Video, YPbPr, HDMI) from the source (DVD, Cable or Satellite box) to the TV;
- You do not need to perform Autoprogram to search for the channels.
- Press the ' SOURCE ' button on the remote control repeatedly to select the correct input source.
If you are using an HDMI connection from the source (DVD, Cable or Satellite box) to the TV;
- Reset the TV and source by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds.
- Press the play button on your source device. If the source is HDMI CEC compliant, the TV will automatically switch to the HDMI input.
- If your source is not HDMI CEC compliant, turn on the TV and switch to the HDMI input.
- Turn on your source.
If you are sure you have selected the correct input or channel but still have no picture and sound;
- Try resetting the TV by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds.
- Press the ' SOURCE ' button to select the correct input source.
- Check the connection cables.
- Try the connected source with another TV.
- Connect a different source on the same connection of your TV.