What should I do if the remote control doesn’t work?
Try the following:
- Point the remote control directly at the player and not at the TV.
- Check that the batteries are inserted in the right direction. Look at the polarity markings (+/-) inside the battery compartment.
- If your player is close to a plasma TV, move it a little further away. Plasma can interfere with the infrared signals from remote controls.
- Check that the remote control is giving an infrared signal.
- Point a digital camera (such as the camera on a mobile phone) towards the lens on the remote control.
- Press a button on the remote control and at the same time look at the image in the camera.
An infrared signal displays as a flickering light in the camera screen.
If the remote control still doesn’t work, please call Philips Consumer Care.