How do I remove the shaving heads and then put them back?
This depends on the shaving unit on your shaver.
Instructions for RQ12
- Pull open the three shaving heads one by one. (Fig. 1)
- Lift the retainer release tab. (Fig. 2)
- The retainer opens. (Fig. 3)
- Remove the cutter from the shaving guard. (Fig. 4)
Note: For optimal performance, make sure you place each cutter back into its own shaving guard.
Note: The shaving guards of this shaver cannot be removed
- After cleaning, place the cutter back into the shaving guard with the cutter legs pointing downward. (Fig. 5)
- Press down the retainer over the cutter and close the shaving heads. (Fig. 6)
Instructions for RQ12+
Make sure the appliance is switched off.
- Pull the shaving head holder off the bottom part of the shaving unit.
- Place the retaining ring holder on the retaining ring (1), turn it counterclockwise (2) and lift it off the shaving head (3). Remove the retaining ring from the retaining ring holder and repeat this process for the other retaining rings.
- Remove the shaving heads from the shaving head holder. Each shaving head consists of a cutter and guard.
Note: The cutters and guards are all matching sets. If you accidentally put a cutter in the wrong shaving guard, it may take several weeks before optimal shaving performance is restored.
- Place the cutter back into the guard.
- Put the shaving heads back into the shaving head holder.
Note: Make sure the projections of the shaving heads fit exactly into the recesses.
- Place the retaining ring holder on the retaining ring (1), place it on the shaving head (2) and turn it clockwise (3) to reattach the retaining ring. Repeat this process for the other retaining rings.
Reattach the shaving head holder to the bottom part of the shaving unit.