How do I get the artwork of my music / video files using Philips Songbird?
Depending on the source of the media file, artwork (e.g. album cover photo) of some media files could be obtained using Philips Songbird via the Internet.
Follow the steps below to obtain artwork:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Start Philips Songbird on your computer.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Get More Add-ons when prompted.
- On the pop-up box, select Artwork.
- Make sure the following items are selected:
- Store artwork within each file’s metadata
- Auto-fetch Album Artwork
- Gracenote (Gracenote Album Fetcher)
Metadata (Local metadata image fetcher)
- Within Library in Philips Songbird, select the file that you want to obtain its artwork. (To select more than one file, press “Ctrl” or "Shift” button on the keyboard and select the files at the same time.)
- Right-click and select “Get Artwork…”. Alternatively, click on Tools and select “Get Artwork”.
Philips Songbird starts scanning in the Internet to check if artwork for the media file(s) is available.
If artwork is available for the media file, it would be shown whenever the file is selected in Philips Songbird.