Here are cleaning recommendations for various Sonicare toothbrushes and brush heads.
For DiamondClean, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare+, FlexCare, Healthy White, PowerUp and Sonicare for Kids products, clean the toothbrush handle as follows:
1. Remove the brush head and rinse the metal shaft area with warm water.
2. Do not push on the rubber seal on the metal shaft with sharp objects, as this may cause damage.
3. Use a damp cloth to wipe the entire surface of the handle.
4. Allow to air-dry.
Note: If you have a DiamondClean toothbrush, you may notice that toothpaste residue and water spots are easy to see when they build up on the shiny portion at bottom of the handle. To remove this residue in a way that does not damage important product information on the bottom of the handle, follow these instructions:
1. Dampen a soft cloth with lukewarm water and gently wipe residue from the bottom of the handle.
2. Do not rub with abrasive cleaners or cleaning aids such as abrasive pads or brushes. Do not use your fingernails or any other tools. Use of these products may remove important product information from the handle.
3. Allow handle to air-dry.
To clean brush heads, follow these instructions:
1. Rinse the brush head and bristles after each use.
2. Remove the brush head from the handle and rinse the brush head connection at least once a week with warm water and allow to air-dry.
Note: Never clean the brush heads or the handles in the dishwasher.
For E-Series Elite, Essence, CleanCare and Xtreme products:
1. Rinse the brush head and bristles after each use. Let the brush head air-dry.
2. Clean the brush head at least once a week, including under the plastic nut.
3. Gently press on the rubber seal to remove the nut.
4. Do not use sharp objects to press on the seal, as this may cause damage.
5. To re-attach the nut, slip the nut over the brush head shaft and pull it down until it snaps home.
6. Clean the handle periodically with mild soap and a moist cloth and allow to air-dry.
Was this document helpful?