How to connect the Bluetooth headset to a PC (e.g., for listening to music or for voice communication)?
- Make sure that the computer is Bluetooth-enabled (ie, equipped with Bluetooth feature). Otherwise, the headset cannot be connected to the computer via Bluetooth connection.
- Follow the steps below to pair the headset with the computer:
(The operating system of the computer used in the following steps is Windows7. The screenshots and steps may be slightly different if you use a different operating system).
- Switch off the headset.
- On the computer, click on “Start”. Then go to “Control Panel”-> “Devices and Printers”.
- Click on “Add a device”.
- The following box appears.
- On the headset, activate the paring mode.
- After a few seconds, the computer should be able to detect the headset.
- Click on your headset on the box and then click on “Next”.
- After a few seconds, the headset is paired with the computer.
- When you want to use the headset, (for example to listen to music from the computer), click on “Start”. Then go to “Control Panel”-> “Devices and Printers”. Click on the Bluetooth headset.
- Click on “Connect”.
- When the connection is successful, the box would show that connection is established.
- On the computer, go to “Control Panel”-> “Sound”.
- Click on the Tab called “Playback”.
- Select the “Bluetooth Hands-free audio”, and then click on “Set Default” and then “OK”.
You can now use the headset to enjoy music from media player on the computer (eg, Philips Songbird).
- If you want to use the headset for talking (eg, on Skype), go to “Control Panel”-> “Sound”.
- Click on the Tab called “Recording”.
- Select “Bluetooth Hands-free Audio” and then click on “Set Default” and then “OK”.