There is a small vent in the reservoir door opening to let air in as water is drawn out of the reservoir for every burst. If the vent is blocked it will reduce and eventually stop the water flow and make a sucking/whistling sound. If this occurs, you must clean the vent using the following steps:
1. Use a piece of paper towel or a cotton swab.
2. Moisten (not soak) the paper towel or cotton swab in water.
3. Clean the vent by wiping along the inside edge of the reservoir opening especially at the top of the opening closest to the nozzle end of the device.
4. Also wipe along the outside of the inside edge of the reservoir door along the top of the door closest to the nozzle end of the device.
5. Rinse very well with cold water from the faucet and ensure no debris is left, from the paper towel or cotton swab, in the reservoir or along the edge of the opening or the inside of the door.
6. Be careful not to allow debris into the reservoir fill opening.
Was this document helpful?