How do I descale my Syntia?
For this machine there are two different descaling procedures. Please check, which procedure is applicable for your machine before you continue. For a detailed help on this please have a look at the attached FAQ.
Regular descaling is necessary to ensure the long life of your Saeco machine. We recommend descaling your Saeco for every 20 tanks of water used. It does not matter whether the water was used for brewing coffee, frothing the milk or just to rinse the system.
Attention: Do not use vinegar to descale.
Please only use the original Philips / Saeco descaling agent with the name CA6700/00 or RI9111/12. You can purchase it in our shop or (http://www.philips-store.com/store/) or at a local dealer.
Preparation: Remove the the INTENZA water filter before you start descaling. Also make sure that you have one or more containers of suitable size nearby.
"If you do not remove the water tank out of your Syntia, it is possible that the descaling cycle will not complete properly or the descaling indicator will remain lit on the display. If this happens, start the process again and remove the water tank so that the descaling can be completed."
The complete descaling process will take approximately 35 minutes.
Your machine indicates when descaling is needed:
You can descale your machine as follows:
- Turn the selector switch to the left - to the position menu.
- The display shows now the indication for descaling.
- Press the “Memo” button to enter the descaling menu. Then, the page appears on the display to start descaling.
- Pour the entire contents of the Saeco concentrated descaling solution into the water tank, and then fill the tank with fresh drinking water up to the MAX level. Place the tank back into the machine.
- Place an empty container under the dispensing spout to catch the water output (1 l).
- Press the button “Memo” to start the cycle.
- At this point the machine will start dispensing, at regular intervals, the descaling solution (the bar shows the cycle progress).
- The descaling cycle may be paused by pressing the MEMO button. To resume the cycle, press the button again. This allows you to empty the container or to step away for a short period of time.
- When the solution in the tank is empty, the display shows the message.
- Rinse the water tank thoroughly and fill it again with fresh water up to the MAX level. Please empty the container and place it under the steam wand / spout again.
- When inserting the tank filled with water the icon on the side is displayed. The rinse cycle of the machine starts.
- The rinse cycle may be paused by pressing the MEMO button. To resume the cycle, press the button again. This allows you to empty the container or to go away for a short period of time.
- Please fill the tank again and again, until the rinse cycle is finished. Rinse the water tank thoroughly and fill it again with fresh water up to the MAX level. When inserting the water tank again into the machine, the icon shows, that the descale cycle is finished.
- The machine now carries out the warm-up and rinse cycle to prepare for product brewing. The main page of the programming menu is displayed.
- Please turn the selector switch to the middle position – the descaling is finished.
If descaling is interrupted by turning off the machine, the water tank and internal pipes must be rinsed in the machine.