How do I connect the monitor to my mobile device (for example, smartphone)?
Before you begin:
- Make sure the Wi-Fi router is turned on.
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet is wirelessly connected to your Wi-Fi router network. (In order words, the smartphone of tablet should be connected to the Wi-Fi network, but not the 3G or EDGE network.)
- Have your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi network password ready. You will need to fill in this information during set-up.
- Make sure the SSID and password consists of alphanumeric characters only and does not contains any space or special characters such as % # * / . (You may need to consult the user manual of the router.)
- If you have not installed Philips In.Sight App, download it from Apple App Store and install it in your mobile device.
- Make sure that the monitor is within range of the router so that it can receive strong Wi-Fi signal from the router.
- Try to avoid firewalled Wi-Fi networks (typically found in the office, hotels or airports).
- High-speed (upload speed of 800kbps or above) Wi-Fi network connection for the monitor.
- Launch the App.
- If you do not have an In.Sight account, create one.
- Connect the monitor to power supply.
- When power is connected, the LED on the monitor will be on in amber color. This means the monitor is starting up.
- Wait until the LED flashes in amber. This would take a few minutes.
- Log in with your Philips In.Sight account in the App.
- Tap on to add monitor.
- Follow the on-screen App instructions for setup.
Note: Only use numbers 0 to 9 and/or alphabets A to Z (or a to z) for the name of a monitor.
A video is specially produced for this product. The video includes steps of setting up the monitor. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVBoKrNm9o for the video.