How do I descale my Xelsis?
Lime scale builds up inside the machine during use. It needs to be removed regularly as it may clog the water and coffee circuit of your machine.
If the machine display shows the CALC CLEAN symbol, it means that you need to descale. Regular descaling is necessary to ensure a long life for your Saeco machine.
Caution: Never use vinegar as a decalcifier.
Use the Philips/Saeco decalcifier. You can purchase the SAECO decalcifier separately in the Online shop (http://shop.philips.com/) or at a local dealer.
The complete descaling takes up about 35 minutes and consists of 1 cycles: 1 descaling cycle and 1 rinsing cycles.
Attention: once started you need to complete the descale procedure till the very end.
Note: The circuit must be cleaned with a preset quantity of water. If the water tank is not filled up to MAX level, the machine might require three or more refills for rinsing.
Before you start the descaling cycle, make sure that;
- The extra water filter (INTENZA+) is removed from the water tank.(optional).
- Open the MENU, select MAINTENANCE SETTING and select DESCALING CYCLE.
- Press OK to confirm to start the descaling cycle.
- Take out the water tank. Pour the entire bottle of Saeco descaling solution in the water tank.
- Top up the water tank with fresh tap water to the MAX line. (Please ensure the max line is reached otherwise this will require further rinsing). Place the water tank back into the machine.
- Press “OK” to confirm.
- Open the service door and empty the drip tray and the coffee grounds drawer. Place them back.
- Press “OK” to confirm.
- Fill half of the carafe with fresh water and insert it into the machine.
- Place the milk carafe dispenser into brewing position. Press “OK” to confirm.
- Place a bowl underneath the milk carafe dispenser and the dispensing spout. Press “OK” to confirm.
- The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at intervals. This takes about 20 minutes.
- When the message “RINSE THE WATER TANK AND FILL WITH FRESH WATER” appears, the mixture of descaling solution and water has been used up.
- Rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh water up to the MAX level. Press “OK” to confirm.
- Empty the internal drip tray and place it back. Press “OK” to confirm.
- Empty the milk carafe and fill half of the carafe again with fresh water and insert it into the machine. Place the milk carafe dispenser into brewing position. Press “OK” to confirm.
- Empty the bowl and place it back. Press “OK” to confirm.
- The machine starts the rising cycle.
- When the amount of water needed for the rinse cycle has been completely dispensed, the machine is ready.
Important note: If the machine requests a second or third time to “RINSE THE WATER TANK AND FILL WITH FRESH WATER” , you did not fill the water tank up to MAX level. Refill the water tank up to MAX level and perform another rinsing cycle.
- Empty the internal drip tray and place it back.
- Empty and clean the milk carafe.
- Wash the brew group afterwards with water.
- The machine is now ready for use.