My food does not turn out as crispy as I expected. What can I do?
It is possible to prepare crispy potatoes, snacks, meat, poultry or breaded snacks in the airfryer. Other foods, such as vegetables, will never become crispy when prepared in the airfryer.
If you want to obtain crispy results with food that can be air-fried, please pay attention to the following:
- If you want to prepare snacks, use oven-ready snacks.
- When you make home-made breaded snacks, do not forget to mix oil into the bread crumbs.
- Use low-fat snack varieties where possible. It will be difficult to get a crispy end result with snacks that have a high fat percentage!
- You can also make food crispier by adding 1 or 2 minutes to the preparation time. Be careful not to burn the food.
- Shake the basket halfway through the preparation process if the ingredients touch each other. Shake 2-3 times if you are preparing larger amounts of food for a more even result.
- Dry the outside of the food properly before you add oil.
- Do not use too much oil, as this will make the food less crispy and there will be too much fat.
- Meat or poultry can be lightly brushed with oil or marinated to get the crispiest results.
Tip: instructions on how to prepare home-made fries.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks.
- Soak the potato sticks in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes, take them out and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Pour half a tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl, put the sticks in the bowl and mix until the sticks are coated with oil.
- Remove the sticks from the bowl with your fingers or a kitchen utensil so that excess oil stays in the bowl. Put the sticks in the basket.
- Fry the potato sticks at 350°F and shake the basket halfway through the hot air frying process. Shake 2-3 times during the air frying process for a more even result.
If the above solution did not help to solve your problem, please contact Philips Consumer Care.