How do I remove the shaving heads and then put them back?
Switch off the appliance.
- Press the release buttons on the shaving attachment (1) and pull the shaving unit off the shaving attachment (2). (Fig. 1)
- To unlock the orange retaining ring, turn it in the direction of the arrows shown in and on the retaining ring. (Fig. 2)
- Lift the retaining ring out of the shaving head holder. (Fig. 3)
- Remove one cutter and its shaving guard. (Fig. 4)
Do not clean more than one cutter and shaving guard at a time, since they are all matching sets. If you accidentally put a cutter in the wrong shaving guard, it may take several weeks before optimal shaving performance is restored.
- After cleaning, place the shaving guard back into the shaving head holder. Make sure the two wings fit exactly into the recesses of the shaving head holder. (Fig. 5)
- Place the cutter back into the shaving guard with the cutter legs pointing downward.
- Place the retaining ring back onto the shaving head holder (1). To reattach the retaining ring, turn it against the direction of the arrows shown in and on the retaining ring (2). (Fig. 6)
- Make sure the retaining ring is attached properly. The four wings of the retaining ring have to be located exactly under the recesses of the shaving head holder. (Fig. 7 and 8)
Repeat steps 4-8 for the other shaving head.
- Reattach the shaving unit to the shaving attachment.
If the shaving unit cannot be reattached smoothly, check that you have positioned the shaving heads properly and that the retaining rings are attached properly.