How do I descale my Moltio?
Lime scale builds up inside the machine during use. It needs to be removed regularly as it may clog the water and coffee circuit of your machine.
If the machine display shows the CALC CLEAN symbol, it means that you need to descale. Regular descaling is necessary to ensure a long life for your Saeco machine.
Caution: Use the Philips/Saeco decalcifier. You can purchase the SAECO decalcifier separately in the Online shop (http://shop.philips.com/) or at a local dealer. Never use vinegar as a decalcifier.
The complete descaling takes up about 30 minutes and consists of 3 cycles: 1 descaling cycle and 2 rinsing cycles. Once started you need to complete the descale procedure till the very end.
Before you start the descaling cycle, make sure that;
- The drip tray is empty.
- The Milk carafe filled with fresh water up to the MIN level and insert it into the machine.
- The extra water filter (INTENZA+) is removed from the water tank.(optional)
- Press the "Menu" button to enter the menu. Press the “Latte Macchiato” button until the "CACL CLEAN" symbol appears. Press the “Espresso” button to start the descaling.
- The machine reminds you to insert the carafe filled with water up to the Min level and pull out the milk carafe dispenser. The descaler symbol appears on the display.
- Take out the water tank. Pour the entire bottle of Saeco descaling solution in the water tank.
- Top up the water tank with fresh tap water to the MAX or Calc Clean line. (Please ensure the max or calc clean line is reached otherwise this will require further rinsing). Place the water tank back into the machine.
- Place a bowl underneath the milk carafe dispenser and the dispensing spout.
- Pull out the milk carafe dispenser to the right up to the “milk froth” icon.
- Press the “Espresso” button to start the descaling cycle.
- The machine will start dispensing the descaling solution at intervals. The bar on the display shows the progress. This takes about 20 minutes.
- When the mixture of descaling solution and water has been used up, the ‘water tank empty’ symbol appears on the display.
- Clean the water tank thoroughly, fill it with fresh water to the MAX or Calc Clean line and place it back.
- The ‘start rinsing’ symbol appears on the display.
- Empty the milk carafe, refill it with water up to the Min level and place it back. Pull out the milk carafe dispenser to the right up to the “ ” icon.
- Place back the bowl. Press the “Espresso” button and the machine starts the first rinsing cycle.
- When the ‘water tank empty’ symbol appears on the display, refill the water tank with fresh water to the MAX or Calc Clean line. Insert the water tank and press the “Espresso” button to start the second rinsing cycle.
- The display shows the ”ready” symbol to indicate that the rinse cycle has been completed. Press the "Cappuccino” button to exit the descaling process.
Important note: If the ‘water tank empty’ symbol appears on the display instead of the ‘ready’ symbol, you did not fill the water tank up to MAX or Calc Clean level. Refill the water tank up to MAX level and perform another rinsing cycle. Repeat step 13 until the ‘ready’ symbol appears. You may have to do this several times before the ‘ready’ symbol appears.
- The machine automatically primes the circuit.
- Empty the drip tray and place it back.
- The machine is now ready for use.
Descaling support movie: