The System File or ! icon shows on the display of my device
You have a file error, system files may be missing. Or, you have a format error on the hdd. To correct this, the micro jukebox needs to be restored to the factory setting:
- If you have not already installed the Device Manager, download the firmware upgrade .exe file to install the latest version of the Device Manager application from http://www.philips.com/support. Enter your language preference and the model number e.g.hdd070. Select Software under Product Support on the left of the screen. Scroll down and click on the .exe file of your preferred language under the category Firmware Upgrade - Software. The program will install the Device Manager including the latest firmware and it will uninstall the DMM (Digital Media Manager) software.
Note: You should also download and install the latest version of Musicmatch Jukebox from our support site as it will be needed to transfer files to your GoGear micro jukebox once you upgrade from DMM to Device Manager.
- Connect the GoGear micro jukebox to the AC/DC adapter and plug the AC/DC adapter into a wall outlet.
- Launch the Device Manager at Start->Programs->Philips GoGear HDD->Philips GoGear HDD on your PC.
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your micro jukebox will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
- A dialogue box will pop up; click Restore and OK to confirm and start restoring the unit to its factory setting.
- Follow all on screen instructions to complete the restoration.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Safely remove your GoGear micro jukebox by clicking on the EJECT HARDWARE icon in your task tray bar. When prompted, "The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system", click OK and unplug your micro jukebox.
- Once the GoGear micro jukebox is disconnected from the computer, the display will show "Firmware Upgrading" for a couple of seconds and then start up as usual. If the message does not disappear after 2 minutes, do a soft reset by pressing and holding the key and the volume + key for a couple of seconds.