Television responds to buttons on the television but it does not responds to the remote control.
Check the remote to see if the wrong function mode may be selected (such as VGA, HD or RADIO mode) rather than in 'TV' mode.
- Press the 'TV' mode button on the remote control to switch back to TV mode.
Television may behave abnormally if power plug is not secured properly into the wall socket. Ensure that the power plug is plugged directly into the wall socket, bypassing any power extension cords.
Reset the television by switching off the television with the mains power switch for 10 seconds and then switch it on again.
Check the remote batteries:
- Ensure the batteries are inserted according to the illustration in the battery compartment as shown.
- Remove and reinsert the batteries into the remote control to ensure a good contact.
- Replace the existing batteries with new ones.
- When the remote control check is completed, randomly test some functions of the remote control on the television.
- If the television is not responding, it appears that the remote control may be defective.