How do I install my PSA player?
IMPORTANT: Before doing the installation, please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (Home or Professional) SP1 (or above) if not you will need to upgrade to SP1 (or above) from the Microsoft support site. For all legal licensees, Service Pack (SP) upgrades to Windows are free.
To avoid possible conflict between applications, it is recommended you close all open applications.
For users with Windows XP Home or Professional – you should also close other windows applications, anti-virus software and deactivate the firewall (if any) before performing the installation of the music manager software.
- Always install the software prior to connecting the player for the first time. Do this by inserting the installation CD into the CD ROM drive. (If the Installer Menu is not displayed automatically, please click the .exe file in the root directory of the CD.)
- From the installer menu, select your preferred language; the welcome screen will pop up.
- Click NEXT to advance to the next pages until you reach the “Install software” page.
- Click NEXT to start the installation of the Philips Device Manager and Windows Media Player.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation is completed, restart your computer and then hook up your PSA to the computer via the supplied USB cable. Make sure your PSA is fully charged before use.
- For Windows XP users, once the PSA is connected you may see the device appear in the taskbar or as a drive in Windows Explorer.
- You may now launch Windows Media Player and use the software to transfer music to your PSA.