How do I restore/repair my PSA player to the factory setting?
IMPORTANT! The Philips DMM software is now obsolete for this product. If you are still using DMM, please download and install the latest PC Software from the Philips support site. It will include a new version of Musicmatch Jukebox and Device Manager with new firmware version and will uninstall DMM.
- If you have not already installed the Device Manager, follow the on screen instructions to install the Device Manager from the installation CD or download the latest version of the Device Manager application from http://www.usasupport.philips.com. You may need to enter your language preference and the model number e.g.PSA220, to access the Firmware upgrade file. Be sure to view readme file before down loading.
- Connect the PSA to the computer.
- Launch the Device Manager at Start->Programs->Nike+Philips PSA220 (or PSA250) on your PC
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your PSA will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
- A dialogue box will pop up; click Restore and OK to confirm and start restoring the unit to its factory setting.
- Follow all screen instructions to complete the restoration.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Close all opened application and then safely remove your PSA by clicking on the EJECT HARDWARE icon in your task tray bar. When prompted, “The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system”, click OK and unplug your PSA.
- Once the PSA is disconnected from the computer, the display will show “Firmware Upgrading” for a couple of seconds and then start up as usual. If the message does not disappear after 2 minutes, do a soft reset by pressing and holding the key and the volume + key for a couple of seconds.