How do I install my PSA player?
IMPORTANT: Before doing the installation, please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (Service Pack 1) or above.
To check your service pack level:
- Right-click My Computer and select 'Properties' from the pop-up menu
Also, to avoid possible conflict between applications, it is recommended to close all other windows applications, anti-virus software and deactivate the firewall (if any) before performing the installation of the music manager software.
- Always install the software before you connect the device to your PC. Do this by inserting the installation CD into the CD ROM drive. (If the CD does not autorun, please click the .exe from the root directory of the CD.)
- From the installer menu, select your preferred language; the welcome screen will pop up. Click NEXT to advance to the next pages until you reach the “Install Software” page.
- Click NEXT to start the installation of the Philips Device Manager and Windows Media Player.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation is completed, restart your computer and then hook up your PSA to the computer via the supplied USB cable. Make sure your PSA is fully charged before use.
- Once the PSA is connected you may see the device appear in the task bar or found as a device in Windows Explorer.
- You may now launch Windows Media Player and use the software to transfer music to your PSA.