How to install my RUSH player?
Your RUSH player supports USB Mass Storage Class and once connected to your PC will be recognized as a Mass Storage Class device and listed as REMOVABLE DRIVE on Windows Explorer. No separate driver installation is required, however if you also want to install the formatter and Musicmatch Jukebox, you need to get them installed via the installation CD.
- Insert the installation CD into the CD ROM drive.
- On the installation menu, select language and product
- You will then be prompted with an option whether you want to use Musicmatch Jukebox to transfer between your RUSH player and your PC or skip to use only the Windows Explorer for file transfer.
- You may select to install Musicmatch Jukebox 7.1 with the RUSH Plug in or only have the plug in installed if you already have a higher version of Musicmatch Jukebox in your computer.
- Once Musicmatch and the plug in are installed, you may hook up the unit for downloading of music files. Some Operating Systems may prompt users for driver location. Specify the path for the driver in your Hard disk e.g. C:Program Files\Philips\RUSH(64MB) or RUSH(128MB) to locate the USB driver. Can you now identify the player as REMOVABLE DRIVE in Windows Explorer.
If you have connected the RUSH player to a computer with Windows 98 SE without first having the driver and Musicmatch Jukebox installed, you may need to carry out the installation again.
- Connect your Key Ring Audio player to the computer via USB link
- In Windows at My Computer->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->SCSI and RAID Controllers select the item Philips SA220 (or SA230/235) SCSI Host Adapter and check to see if there is an exclamation mark “!” besides it. If so, click REMOVE and close the device manager
- Disconnect your RUSH player from the computer
- Load the installation CD into your CD-ROM drive
- Select language and product
- The application will check to see if driver has been installed already on your PC, if not, the driver installation will begin.
- Follow the instruction click NEXT and specify the destination folder for installation click YES and FINISH to complete the installation. When prompted to restart your computer click NO
- Continue with the installation on the menu, click INSTALL MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX 7.1 to install the software. Follow the instructions click NEXT.
- Click NEXT again after filled in the detail for registration.
- Click NEXT for the rest of the screen
- Click FINISH to complete the installation of Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Now restart your computer
- Hook up your RUSH player with the computer
- Your PC will detect new hardware and you may now find the player labelled as REMOVABLE DRIVE in Windows Explorer.