How do I connect my DVD Player to my home stereo, using a red/white (L+R) audio connection?
- Connect (1) the Audio Outputs (L/R: red and white socket) on the DVD Player to (2) the Audio Inputs (L/R: red and white socket) on the home stereo or Home Theatre System.
Note that the ends of the cable are colour-coded. Insert the red end to the red socket on the devices; and white end to the white socket on the devices.
- On the home stereo, select the corresponding input source (for example, “DVD player” or “AUX” or “AUDIO”).
If your stereo has inputs for digital audio, using the digital audio output, instead of red/white audio output from the DVD player is recommended.
Digital audio connection will allow you to take advantage of different sound technologies such as:
- Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- PCM audio (including PCM from CDs)
- DTS (Digital Theater Systems)
- MLP audio (from DVD-Audio discs).