Hookup the player to Cable Box or Satellite Receiver.
- Connect your Satellite or Cable TV signal to the ANTENNA IN jack on your Cable Box/Satellite Receiver.
- If your Cable Box/Satellite Receiver has a single ANTENNA OUT or TO TV jack: Connect the supplied RF coaxial cable to the ANTENNA OUT/TO TV jack of the Cable Box/Satellite Receiver and to the ANTENNA IN jack on the rear of the Recorder.
If your Cable Box/Satellite Receiver has AUDIO/VIDEO OUT jacks: Connect them to the Recorder’s EXT 2 VIDEO IN and AUDIO IN jacks. These jacks are red and white (AUDIO) and yellow (VIDEO). Use the supplied audio and video cables, which have red/white/yellow markings.
- Connect another RF coaxial cable to the Recorder’s (ANTENNA) OUT jack and to the ANTENNA IN or RF IN jack on your TV.
- Connect the power cords of the Recorder, Cable Box/Satellite Receiver, and TV to a power outlet.
- Press STANDBY/ON to turn on the Recorder. Set the Recorder to channel 3 or 4 (your Cable Box/Satellite Receiver’s output channel) if you used an RF coaxial cable to connect the Cable Box/Satellite Receiver to the Recorder. Set the Recorder to EXT 2 if you used those jacks on the Recorder to connect to the Cable Box/Satellite Receiver.
- Turn on the TV and the Cable Box/Satellite Receiver. Set the TV to channel 3 to receive the picture from the Recorder (if you used the RF coaxial cable as shown for step 3).
Connect to Cable Box or Satellite Receiver (Example Only)