How do I install my ShoqBox?
IMPORTANT: Before doing the installation, please make sure that your PC is running on Windows XP (home or Professional) SP2 (or above)
For users with Windows XP Home or Professional – you also need to upgrade to SP2 (or above) from the Microsoft support site. For all legal licensees, upgrades of Windows of SP are free.
Also to avoid possible conflict between applications, you are recommended to close all other windows applications, anti-virus software and deactivate the firewall (if any) before performing the installation of the music manager software.
- Always install the software first. Do this by inserting the installation CD into the CD ROM drive. (if no autorun then start the installation by double clicking the .exe file on the CD ROM drive)
- From the installer menu, select your preferred language; the welcome screen will pop up. Click NEXT to advance to the next page and then click NEXT again until you reach the “install software” page to start the installation of the Windows Media Player and Philips Device Manager.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation is completed, restart your computer and then hook up your ShoqBox to the computer via the supplied USB cable. Make sure you connect your ShoqBox to the main power supply.
- You may now launch Windows Media Player and use the software to transfer music to your ShoqBox.