I have inserted a card into the Common Interface (CI) slot and after switching on the TV, the TV does nothing?
There is a possibility that you may have inserted the card in the wrong orientation. If the card is not inserted properly, the 'Conditional Access Module' item will not be displayed on the screen.
Please refer to the steps on how to confirm that the CAM or module is inserted correctly.
- Switch off the TV.
- If your module comes with a viewing card, first insert the viewing card into the module. Check that the arrow on the viewing card faces the same side of the arrow of the module before inserting into the CI slot.
- Insert the module into the Common Interface (CI) slot on the TV.
- If you are inserting the module from the rear of the TV (26"/32"), the arrow indicated on top side of the card should be facing you.
- If you are inserting the module from the front of the TV (26"/32"), the reverse side of the module (without the arrow) should be facing you.
- For TV with screen size (37"/42"/50"), and you are inserting the module from behind the TV, the reverse side of the module (without the arrow) should be facing you.
- Switch on the TV.
- Press the 'DIGITAL TV/MENU' button to switch the TV to Digital mode.
- Press the cursor up/down to 'ACCESS RESTRICTIONS' and press cursor right and move your cursor down to 'CONDITONAL ACCESS MODULE'.
- Press the cursor right and press 'OK' button to enter the CI menu.
- If the CAM is working, it will enable you to access the submenu generated by the CA module.
Always switch the TV off before inserting or removing the module.
The functions that appears on the screen are dependent on the contents of the selected Conditional Access Module in your country. Please refer to the instruction supplied with the module or contact your local vendor for support.
Insertion for 26" / 32 " TV
Insertion for 37" / 42 " / 50" TV