My GoGear displays the message PLAYER PROBLEM, PLEASE CONNECT TO PC, FORMAT PLAYER.
The software of your GoGear may have been corrupted. Please follow the steps below to recover the device:
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your GoGear Player will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
- Make sure that your computer is online and connecting to the Internet. Launch the Firmware Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Firmware Manager on your PC.
- Switch on your GoGear and then press & hold the key until 'off' is displayed on the screen.
- While continuing to hold the key down and 'off' is display, connect your GoGear to the computer. The Firmware Manager should recognize the GoGear and a dialogue box pop up in recover mode.
** If you failed going to recovery mode, “please connect the device in recovery mode” is displayed please repeat step 1 to step 3.
- Click Start to confirm and start recovering the unit to its factory setting. Follow all screen instructions and click Finish at the end to complete the recovery.
- The Firmware manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed.
- You can now remove your player and start using it again.