Progressive scan setting or picture problems, black and white picture, rolling/flipping picture, brightness pulses, bars in picture, distorted picture or no picture
- The disc does not match the TV color system standard (NTSC/PAL).
- Check the region code of the disc to make sure it is ‘1’ or ‘All’.
- Sometimes a small amount of picture distortion may appear.
- This is not a malfunction.
- Fingerprints and dust on the disc can cause poor picture quality and sound distortion.
- Wipe the disc in straight lines from the center to the edge using a soft lint-free cloth. Do not user strong solvents such as alcohol, benzene, thinner, commercially available cleaners, or anti-static spray intended for older vinyl records.
- Check the cable connections between the DVD player and the TV.
- If using both audio and video, make sure they are connected to the same input, such as AV1 or DVD IN.
- You may be in Progressive Scan mode.
- To change back to Interlace mode:
- Disconnect the recorder's power cord.
- Hold down the "Previous Button" on the DVD Recorder while reconnecting the
power cord. 'PRO' (progressive scan) will appear on the display.
- If you want to switch back, repeat steps 1 and 2 . 'PRO'
(progressive scan) will disappear from the display. The DVD
Recorder is switched to 'Interlaced.'