I get the error PORTABLE DEVICE NOT FUNCTIONING AS EXPECTED. PLEASE REFER TO FAQ (ON CD OR ONLINE) FOR DETAILS.
You will need to update your USB Host controller driver to ensure that your device is recognized correctly and is able to function properly when connected to your PC. Carry out the following steps.
- Right click on “My Computer” on your desktop or in Windows Explorer.
- Select the “Properties” option.
- This will bring up the “System Properties” window.
- Select the “Hardware” tab.
- Click the “Device Manager” option.
- Under the USB Controllers option , there may be one or more USB Universal Host Controllers.
- Right click on each of these and update the driver. Select the “Install the software automatically” which is the preferred option.
- Once this is completed , restart your PC and your device when connected should function correctly.