I have Windows Media Player 11 installed on my PC, and I would like to roll back to Windows Media Player 10. What should I do?
Your player may work on Windows Media Player 11. However, if you would like to roll back to Windows Media Player 10, please follow the roll-back instructions below.
- Disconnect the device from your PC.
- Make sure that Windows Media Player 11 is not running. If the Windows Media Player 11 window is open, please close it before starting this process.
- Sometimes, it is possible that Windows Media Player 11 is running in the background. To make sure that it is closed completely, do the following:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get the Security window, and select the Task Manager button.
- Go to the Processes tab, and select the wmplayer.exe process and press End Process.
- Open Windows Explorer. Select Control Panel from the left pane. Select and open Add Or Remove Programs, as shown in the figure below:
- In the Add Or Remove Programs panel, check Show Updates, as shown in the figure below:
- Select the following components as per the order, and click Change/Remove to uninstall them from the PC:
- Windows Media Player 11
- Windows Media Player 11 media format runtime 11
- Microsoft user mode driver framework feature pack 1.0.0 (Prerelease 5348)
- The system will ask you to restart. Let the PC restart.
Warning: System restart must be done for the changes to be applied properly.
- Make sure that all the above three components are uninstalled successfully.
- Windows Media Player 10 has now been restored.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- Right click My Computer > Manage to get the Computer Management window.
- Here, select Device Manager from the left side.
- Open the Portable Devices tab; Philips devices will be listed here.
- Right-click the Philips device, and select Uninstall as shown in the figure below:
- Disconnect and reconnect the device to the PC.
- Now your PC has Windows Media Player 10 and the device should start working properly.
This does NOT apply to Microsoft Vista. In Vista, you cannot downgrade to Windows Media Player10.