How can I record 5.1 surround sound and play it back afterwards?
You can only record the 5.1 signal from an external source.
Proceed as follows:
- Use a SCART cable to connect the external source (digital set-top box, DVD player) to the EXT 2 connector of the recorder.
- Use a coaxial digital audio cable to connect the digital AUDIO OUT connection (S/PDIF) of the source device to the digital AUDIO IN connection of the recorder.
- Acces the PREFERENCES menu, which you will find in the SYSTEM menu under RECORDING.
- Set 5.1 RECORDING to ON.
- Set RECORD MODE to HQ or SP.
- Press CAM on the remote control of the recorder, follow the instructions on screen and press OK.
- Select EXT 2 as source and press REC to start recording.
Note: video material containing 5.1 sound is usually copy protected.
The audio will only play back in 5.1 on your DVD recorder. When you play back the video on another device, the audio will be in normal stereo.