How can I connect a game console to my TV?
The best connection to connect a game console is the DVI connection. In order to be able to use this connection the game console must have one of the following connections:
- Most game consoles have a special AV out connection with several of the following possibilities:
- HDMI OUT (digital connection). Use an HDMI to DVI cable or an HDMI to HDMI cable with the supplied HDMI to DVI adaptor.
- DVI OUT (digital or analogue connection).
- VGA OUT (analogue connection). Use the supplied VGA-DVI adaptor.
- YPbPr OUT (or COMPONENT or YUV OUT). Use a YPbPr-VGA adaptor (not supplied) and the supplied VGA-DVI adaptor.
Connect (one of) the audio OUT connections of the game console as well.
- If the game console does not have one of the connections mentioned above connect it to the scart connection. In order to be able to use this connection the game console must have one of the following connections:
- Scart OUT.
- S-video OUT. Use a S-video to scart adaptor to connect to EXT 1. Connect the audio separately to the same adaptor (red and white cinch) or to an audio system.
- CVBS OUT (yellow for video, red and white cinch for audio). Use a CVBS to scart adaptor to connect to EXT 1 or EXT 2.
After having made the connection you may have to set the video and the audio output in the menu of the game console.