The recording mode defines the picture quality of a recording and the space it takes on a disc or a tape.
Set the default recording mode:
1. Press SETUP on the remote control. The SETUP menu appears.
2. Select [SETUP MENU-RECORD] and press cursor right. The [SETUP MENU-RECORD] appears.
3. Select [DVD DEFAULT RECORDING MODE] or [VCR DEFAULT RECORDING MODE] and press cursor right.
4. Change the setting according to your preferences and press OK.
5. Press SETUP to exit the menu.
The recording modes that are available are:
For recording on DVD:
For recording on videotape:
The modes SP and LP are available. The maximum recording time depends on the type of tape.
Was this document helpful?